Makes: 12 taquitos
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Recipe note: Gluten Free, Dairy Free. Make this recipe Paleo or Keto friendly by using cassava or almond flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas.
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound chicken breast tenders (let thaw overnight if previously frozen)
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
1/4 cup salsa
3 tablespoons Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayo
12 small corn tortillas
Optional: ½ cup cheddar cheese, dairy free cheddar cheese, or nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Finely mince the garlic and add to a skillet with the olive oil.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken to the pan along with the salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder and cayenne if using.
- Cook over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and lightly browned on both sides.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken OR add the chicken to a bowl and use a handheld electric mixer to shred on low speed. This will easily shred the chicken, but won’t turn it to mush.
- Add the salsa and mayo to the chicken and let cook for 2-3 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. (If the chicken had been transferred to a bowl, just add it back to the pan).
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese if using.
- Microwave the tortillas between two damp paper towels for 30 seconds to soften.
- Add about 2 tablespoons worth of chicken to each tortilla and roll tightly. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all chicken has been used. Spray the tops of the taquitos with oil or lightly brush with oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crispy.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole.